Skip to main content

DIY camouflage paper! Hidden secrets ( ok pun intended)

Hey everyone, I hope you have been enjoying my blog so far. Leave me some love in the comments section so I know who's reading and from where! 

What's one thing guys love? Blowing stuff up, outdoors and camouflage. Well not all guys, but the guys in my life do. It was my nephew's birthday and I wanted to make something cool for that little kid. He loves camouflage and his boots, so I made him a card. 

Don't buy camouflage pattern paper because you might as well be setting fire to a bundle of cash to keep yourself warm. Learn this hidden secret! (Get it? Ok, groan, I know, moving on...)

Instructions 

Colors used: Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede ( Check out my stampin store to get these inks. They are 6.95$ each and they are refillable) 

1. Start out blotting, sponging or stamping darker color of green across the paper using Mossy Meadow. The stampset I used is retired (Gorgeous Grunge). A comparable stamp set is TOUCHES OF TEXTURE ($33) - 143251 and contains 15 stamps each of a different texture. The pictures of these are shown below


2. Then I repeated the splatter ink stamp with a lighter green ( Old Olive) and Soft Suede. Try to cover as much white paper as possible. 

3.Repeat with all 4 colors and play around. Literally the only time in art where you don't have to care where you stamp, don't be perfect, go to town, dab-a-dab-dab. 

There you have your camouflage pattern! See how easy it was to do it, and you would've bought it somewhere instead of doing it yourself. 

I finished off this cardstock with stamped deer! 

This is what the finished card looks like: 

To get a full list of instructions and dimensions for this card, email me at paperbirchdesigns@gmail.com 

GET THE SUPPLIES AND MAKE THIS, ITS SO EASY! 



Comments


  1. Archie, what a creative idea to do camo, my boys went thru that FAD a few years back was so glad. I don't have the coloring to wear it. Lol.. Hope your having a wonderful day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I don't own anything camouflage myself. But the boys love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bugs and Kisses Birthday Party theme!

Today, I went to a fun birthday party of a 7 year old boy who loves bugs. He's a very sweet kid and I wanted to help make his birthday special. So, I made him bug themed party decor.  I made little favor bags using the Bag punch board filled them with plastic bugs ( yes, I'm not even coming close to touching a real one. I had my husband make sure there weren't even fake lizards in there). I also added hershey kisses in the bag mixed in. I made him a bug themed birthday banner and  a cake topper as well. This,by the way, is my favorite pic I've ever taken using my phone. I just love the blue of the door popping out.  Once the bag was punched out using bag punch, I used the Bugs and Beetles retired stampset, which I borrowed from my sweet upline, Holly Stene. (Holly, thanks a lot for letting me borrow this stampset). Then I used the different color combos to make the bugs pop right out of the bag.  There were some fun gummy worms and f

Organized Card Giver Goal

You are driving home from grocery store or work, you stop by the mailbox and open it. You try to pry every single piece of mail from in there. You quickly try to scan the mail you got…and it’s mostly bills, advertisements, random credit card approval applications. Because…that’s ever worked!! You sigh, because its normal, routine and boring!! Then you realize you see a teeny tiny envelope, with a handwritten label. Not the fake cursive kind that some organization uses to ask for money, but the real kind! You open it, and it’s a greeting card. Handwritten greeting card that says Happy Birthday or Just thinking of you, and it put a huge smile to your face. I love that feeling, and guess what? I want all my loved ones to feel that feeling. Even better, I want to be the one to put that smile on their faces. I never truly understood the importance of getting cards in the mail until my husband Ray went to the hospital. He had surgery and was in the hospital recovering for almost 2 m

Organized Card Giver Post #4 Technology Hack For Keeping Addresses And Birthdays Organized

Hey everyone,  Last post I mentioned keeping a google document for birthdays. Were you thinking.....I'm sending handmade cards to avoid technology and how impersonal it feels! So, why is this woman, asking me to use technology for birthdays?!  I ask myself everyday, what the balance is between technology and personal. I like to use personal handmade gifts and cards or spend quality time with family and friends. But, I like to use technology almost like a personal assistant. If you are related to me, you know I would not even know what to buy at the grocery store if it weren't for my amazon Alexa.  I tend to forget things. Do you ?  I will at times have momentary lapse and forget even the names of my colleagues and then I end up with an awkward..." hey you!! " Very similarly...I forget birthdays, not because I don't care, but because I just can only keep so many things in my head. This is where I like to use technology.  One of the reasons to