Skip to main content

Day 2: Color Block Technique


Welcome to Day 2 of Techniques Week! We made it through Day 1, I might have ink stains all over my hands, but they are stains of victory....and my husband was suspicious of why I wanted his shaving cream! Oh well, my mysteriousness is part of why he loves me!

For Day 2, we're making this beautiful color block background on the card. You see how it just makes this whole card come alive?



Step 1: Gather your goodies. You need a clear block ( I definitely recommend the stampin up blocks, they are the only ones this technique really works for). Get a piece of whisper white cardstock and the markers!


Step 2: Color your block starting on one end with real red marker. 



Step 3: Color with Tangelo Twist, right above the real red.


Step 4: Color with yellow marker of choice, over the orange! 


Step 5: Color with a blue marker of choice, over the yellow! 


Step 6: Get everything away that you don't want getting wet!! and...Spritz the block with water. The farther away you spritz from, the better! 


Step 7: Turn over the block and stamp the whisper white cardstock. It's this step!!! This is the step that really transforms the block. It's so therapeutic watching the colors spread and fuse together! 


Step 8: Let the paper dry! You can stamp any sentiment on this! My recommendation is to use a black to really give it a sunset look. 


This one looks really hard, but its really fun! I love this technique because it stamps so quick as well, I made about 15 cards with it in 15 mins!

One rule with this trick, don't worry about getting it perfect! Remember when you were a kid and the teachers would yell at you to color INSIDE the lines? Well, I had a few teachers like that. You can blame that for zapping your creativity. Well, this is your redemption time. Color in the blocks without worrying about it being perfect! Nature doesn't have defined lines, so the less defined you make it, the more real it will look! Go Nuts!! and try it out. You've already started since you saw how to do it. The other half is just getting it done.



Get the featured products shown in this technique. Use workshop code S6F6XFTC at
 http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2156819

If you don't have all these blocks, I really recommend adding them to your toolkit. 
They are 71.50$, and worth every single penny. 
Remember that you will get rewards if you hit $150 in orders this week. 
Their side grip ridge is so great, your wrist will thank you later! 
https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=118491

For techniques week, throughout the week : every 25$ you spend, you receive a free item from the clearance bin from me! 
For every $150 you spend, you receive 4 items from the clearance bin and a hostess reward (worth 15%) of your order for FREE! 
Make sure you use the workshop code (S6F6XFTC)Order today and join along! In fact order right now. The sooner you place the order, the sooner the delivery man will be over with your goodies! 

And be sure to post a comment after you try this out. If you haven't subscribed to the blog yet, subscribe so you don't miss out!


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugs and Kisses Birthday Party theme!

Today, I went to a fun birthday party of a 7 year old boy who loves bugs. He's a very sweet kid and I wanted to help make his birthday special. So, I made him bug themed party decor.  I made little favor bags using the Bag punch board filled them with plastic bugs ( yes, I'm not even coming close to touching a real one. I had my husband make sure there weren't even fake lizards in there). I also added hershey kisses in the bag mixed in. I made him a bug themed birthday banner and  a cake topper as well. This,by the way, is my favorite pic I've ever taken using my phone. I just love the blue of the door popping out.  Once the bag was punched out using bag punch, I used the Bugs and Beetles retired stampset, which I borrowed from my sweet upline, Holly Stene. (Holly, thanks a lot for letting me borrow this stampset). Then I used the different color combos to make the bugs pop right out of the bag.  There were some fun gummy worms and f

Organized Card Giver Goal

You are driving home from grocery store or work, you stop by the mailbox and open it. You try to pry every single piece of mail from in there. You quickly try to scan the mail you got…and it’s mostly bills, advertisements, random credit card approval applications. Because…that’s ever worked!! You sigh, because its normal, routine and boring!! Then you realize you see a teeny tiny envelope, with a handwritten label. Not the fake cursive kind that some organization uses to ask for money, but the real kind! You open it, and it’s a greeting card. Handwritten greeting card that says Happy Birthday or Just thinking of you, and it put a huge smile to your face. I love that feeling, and guess what? I want all my loved ones to feel that feeling. Even better, I want to be the one to put that smile on their faces. I never truly understood the importance of getting cards in the mail until my husband Ray went to the hospital. He had surgery and was in the hospital recovering for almost 2 m

Organized Card Giver Post #4 Technology Hack For Keeping Addresses And Birthdays Organized

Hey everyone,  Last post I mentioned keeping a google document for birthdays. Were you thinking.....I'm sending handmade cards to avoid technology and how impersonal it feels! So, why is this woman, asking me to use technology for birthdays?!  I ask myself everyday, what the balance is between technology and personal. I like to use personal handmade gifts and cards or spend quality time with family and friends. But, I like to use technology almost like a personal assistant. If you are related to me, you know I would not even know what to buy at the grocery store if it weren't for my amazon Alexa.  I tend to forget things. Do you ?  I will at times have momentary lapse and forget even the names of my colleagues and then I end up with an awkward..." hey you!! " Very similarly...I forget birthdays, not because I don't care, but because I just can only keep so many things in my head. This is where I like to use technology.  One of the reasons to