Skip to main content

Organized Card Giver Goal


You are driving home from grocery store or work, you stop by the mailbox and open it. You try to pry every single piece of mail from in there. You quickly try to scan the mail you got…and it’s mostly bills, advertisements, random credit card approval applications. Because…that’s ever worked!! You sigh, because its normal, routine and boring!! Then you realize you see a teeny tiny envelope, with a handwritten label. Not the fake cursive kind that some organization uses to ask for money, but the real kind! You open it, and it’s a greeting card. Handwritten greeting card that says Happy Birthday or Just thinking of you, and it put a huge smile to your face. I love that feeling, and guess what? I want all my loved ones to feel that feeling. Even better, I want to be the one to put that smile on their faces.

I never truly understood the importance of getting cards in the mail until my husband Ray went to the hospital. He had surgery and was in the hospital recovering for almost 2 months. He tells me they were the longest two months of his life. But, while he was in the hospital, there was a certain angel, who would send Ray a get well soon card. Every single day!! Pretty soon he would look forward to her cards and get cheered up when he would see them.

No, text or email can do that. Handmade cards are a great way to lift someone’s spirit up and show them how much they mean to you. Technology is rapidly innovating. I can use my phone, paired up with Amazon Echo, which is paired up with my Google Mail and quickly send an email or text to someone. That’s great!! I can quickly type a Happy Birthday on Facebook. But honestly, it means a lot more to me when I receive a handmade card in the mail. I appreciate the time someone took to make the card, spend money for the stamp and send me a physical mail.

People will not remember you by what you said to them, they will remember you for how you make them feel. So, let’s take time out in 2018 to send cards to the people we care about.

That’s my New Year’s Resolution, and I need your help to keep me motivated and organized and stick to that goal. Join me!! Make it your New Year’s Resolution as well. People tend to stick to their goals when they have an accountability system or friend to keep them on track.

I plan on doing just that. I have been researching tips and tricks to create a system to remember when the birthdays are coming up, some quick cards to make/buy, and an organizational system that will launch you to success, and make this a no-brainer process. And, guess what?! We use our brains all the time to make million decisions! So, streamline this process, make it a habit and we can make this the year, we really make a difference in people’s lives. Don’t our loved ones, deserve that from us?! After all, we wouldn’t be where we are without the love and support of these awesome people in our lives.

To join this Resolution, subscribe to my blog. Make sure you confirm your email, so you don’t miss out on weekly posts and reminders to send your cards! Next blog on thursday! 

2018 is going to be the best year so far!! I can feel it. #creatittheywillread #organizedcardgiver


Comments

  1. When the #imbringingbirthdaysback first started i challenged myself to deliver a birthday card to all the other employees in the county I work for, unfortunately I never made it through the entire year. :( I again will challenge myself this year & hopefully with your help I can make & send cards to them & my family members. I think we all start out with great intentions but let life get in the way & fall short at times. Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bugs and Kisses Birthday Party theme!

Today, I went to a fun birthday party of a 7 year old boy who loves bugs. He's a very sweet kid and I wanted to help make his birthday special. So, I made him bug themed party decor.  I made little favor bags using the Bag punch board filled them with plastic bugs ( yes, I'm not even coming close to touching a real one. I had my husband make sure there weren't even fake lizards in there). I also added hershey kisses in the bag mixed in. I made him a bug themed birthday banner and  a cake topper as well. This,by the way, is my favorite pic I've ever taken using my phone. I just love the blue of the door popping out.  Once the bag was punched out using bag punch, I used the Bugs and Beetles retired stampset, which I borrowed from my sweet upline, Holly Stene. (Holly, thanks a lot for letting me borrow this stampset). Then I used the different color combos to make the bugs pop right out of the bag.  There were some fun gummy worms and f

Sunday Funday Puzzle...How many can you get?

Hello everyone, I'm announcing my first Sunday Funday Puzzle time. I love crossword puzzles and picture puzzles. I have created this fun picture puzzle with help from my friend Drew Lyon who does weekly Rebus style puzzles at work and they are so much fun. Here's what you need to do to figure this out. Scroll down to the bottom of the page at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/archieandrews/  and open the catalog. Look through each image and try to figure out which product in the stampin up catalog is described in these pictures. How many can you get? Entries to be submitted by Friday at midnight (EST) I will announce the winner next Sunday and the winner gets a FREE paper pumpkin kit from me!! ( That's a 20$....right there) If you like anything from the catalog and want to purchase it, use the Shop Now link to place your orders. All orders over $25 will receive a free gift item from me. Happy Hunting!! SUBMITTING ENTRIES RULES: 1. 1 Entr